Tuesday 30 August 2011

An Interview with Hung Dang Quang

Jumping Frenzy is a simple but fun old-school arcade game that is currently available on the iPod App store. I got the opportunity to interview Hung Dang Quang, the designer of Jumping Frenzy about being an indie game developer, and to find out more about the game itself.


Q. What got you into making apps?


A: Games have always been a passion of mind. I like to play games and dream of creating great games which everyone loves. Besides, I'm also passionate about high-technology. Combining these two passions, I have entered the field of developing games for the iPhone/iPod. I really enjoyed it.


Q. What was your inspiration behind the manic game, Jumping Frenzy?


A: Fire is one of the most popular games in the Game & Watch series. This game was my inspiration during creating Jumping Frenzy.
Q. Out of all the things that could have jumped from the buildings, what made you choose animals?


A: I want something cute and lively in my game, therefore animals are very suitable. As you see, the animals in the game are very cute.


Q. How easy/difficult did you find it when you released your first game?


A: Because I'm an indie game developer and new to the games industry, marketing for the game is very difficult. 


Q. Now Jumping Frenzy is out there on the world market, do you have any more apps planned?


A: We plan to release two games in October. I can reveal to you that one of the two games is called Stars War.